Sorry, there are no products in this collection
Delicate oral cavity care keeps your teeth healthy and the whole body healthy. This is important for children of any age, because the child’s body is not yet fully formed and requires special attention.
To keep your child’s teeth strong, and the word “caries” to be just a word, you need to brush your teeth every day using quality baby toothpaste. You can find many different types of them, but you should not buy the first one that comes across. Special attention should be paid to the choice, because not only the health of the teeth depends on this, but also the general condition of the child.
All Baby toothpastes are divided into age categories:
- from 0 to 3 years old;
- from 3 to 6 years old.
0 to 3 years old.
Such pastes are aimed not only at cleaning the teeth themselves, but also at relieving the pain during the tooth eruption and relieving inflammation from the gums. Natural extracts of medicinal plants, added to toothpaste, help in this best of all. Secondly, since small children do not know how to rinse their mouths and very often swallow the paste, it should be completely safe.
3 to 6 years old. Despite the fact that at this age children still have first teeth, which are replaced by adult teeth, caring for them is no less important. Proper cleansing can prevent the most common problem of this period - caries of first teeth. Ignoring such a disease is fraught with impaired development of permanent teeth, bacteria entering the body and the appearance of a painful inflammatory process. In this case, it is better to buy baby toothpaste with calcium compounds. It will protect and strengthen the developing enamel.
Pastes for children over six years of age include fluoride. These substances strengthen enamel, reduce the possibility of bacteria and the development of various dental diseases. In addition, such pastes have abrasive components. The safest and most effective are titanium and silicon dioxides. They do not damage the mucous membrane, but they perfectly remove soft plaque.
What is a baby toothpaste made of?
The difference between children’s and adult tooth pastes is cardinal. It can be clearly seen in their composition:
- Antibacterial components – metronidazole, chlorhexidine or triclosan are added to adult toothpastes, which are aggressive substances that kill bacteria. Their presence is unacceptable in the composition of children’s pastes, because they destroy the microflora of the oral cavity.
- Foaming – regular toothpastes foam strongly when brushing your teeth. This effect is achieved by adding sodium lauryl sulfate or its analogs. This substance can cause an allergic reaction in a child and dry out the mucous membrane. Foam is not particularly important during the cleaning process, so it is best to avoid foaming agents. Sodium lauryl sulfate is generally unacceptable in baby toothpaste.
- Conservants – these ingredients increase the shelf life of the paste. Their addition is necessary in children’s products too. But when studying the composition, you need to check if the product contains sodium benzoate and propylene glycol - powerful carcinogens that are prohibited in some countries.
- Flavoring fillers – almost all adult pastes have a mint or menthol flavor. It is unpleasant and overly aggressive to children. Therefore, it is best to buy baby toothpaste with sweet flavors (fruit, ice cream, gum, etc.).
- Useful substances – for the child’s teeth to develop correctly, to be strong and healthy, it is better to choose a paste with various enzymes, minerals and proteins (lysozyme, lactoperoxidase, xylitol, casein).
Although toothpaste is not a panacea in the prevention of dental diseases, it plays an important role. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the most organic option, made from high-quality, natural ingredients. This is exactly what you will find in the German Formula Express store!
Good toothpaste is a real care for the health of the child!